Monday, January 23, 2012

新年快乐!


Image courtesy of 123Greetings

Kung Hei Fat Choi! I am not Chinese and as far as our family history is concerned, our bloodlines is not connected with Chinese. I am neither celebrating Chinese New Year nor will be indulging into Chinese traditions but I find myself wearing red shirt and white with pink prints pajama right now. hahaha. I am off to sleep in a while and I remember yahoo headlines for a few days now regarding 2012 Predictions. Read a few lines and pondered. I remembered having passed by a huge print of 2012 predictions in SM Cebu. Rabbit was said to be lucky this year and I can barely recall the details. Early of January, one of Bandila's segment featured the well-known Feng Shui expert Marites Allen and all I remember was that the Rabbits romance and love aspect in life is favorable this year. I also remember her mentioning about the favorable change of work in February or March which actually made me smile while watching because I was then planning to transfer to another structural firm. If I'd have to make it such a big deal, what I read in yahoo was a little bit different from the sources I have mentioned, and I just realized now that I have to ward off this feeling of somehow depending on luck and predictions. Credits to Feng Shui masters who never fail to remind people the importance of hard work, perseverance and choices. I believe there are no better way to reach your goals but by working hard for it, and of course praying and having a deeper faith to the Lord. Nevertheless, I will be wearing a combination of pink blouse and white pants on my first day of work next week. Not that I have read it from Yahoo's 2012 Predictions, but more so because I feel comfortable and well poised with it. haha. Anyway, I am saving 2012 Horoscope for the Rabbit but believe it or not, I haven't read it totally between the lines because I think this is way vague and absurd, besides, I still strongly believe that hard work really pays. Okay, I am bias, I know, because if I read something like I'd be lucky, I'd go for it and it would actually create a clever smile in me. hahaha. So for this, naaaah, (from astrology.com).


Overview
True, the Dragon's pace isn't as comfortable as that of the Rabbit. And yes, this year could be a bit more challenging for you than the last one. But come on, you're looking at seven favorable months! You'll have plenty of opportunities to do what you want and go where you like -- and be successful while you're at it. For now, it's all about timing. Pick your spots, plan celebrations, make big trips and start new projects during your favorable months. And when the unfavorable ones roll around, head for the comfort of your Rabbit hole, where you can avoid risk, spend time with the people you trust the most, and be comfortable with the old while waiting to start the new.

Career
Oh boy. The Dragon is always tempting everyone to make big changes and take huge leaps ... but this really isn't the time for you to follow in his footsteps. Things will shift and change a whole lot in 2012, so your job will be to find steady ground and hang on for dear life. Stay within your areas of expertise. Do what you're good at and what will generate the most money. Don't implement any big business ideas or career moves just yet; if you insist on doing so, wait until your lucky months to make changes. Persistent effort should pay off.

Relationships
Are you on edge about your love life? Indeed, Dragon years have that type of effect. For you, the Dragon's passion and impulsiveness are a little unnerving, as you prefer when people are calm and act rationally. Luckily, Water gives relationships a boost by helping with communication. The good news is the Dragon favors marriage and celebrations. Do you hear wedding bells? This could be your year to take the big leap into love. If you're single, 2012 could be a roller coaster of interesting dates and several different relationships. Be cautious about professing your love right away -- the Dragon loves passion, but it can be fleeting. Hang on tightly and try to enjoy the ride!

Health
It's possible your nervous tendencies could be heightened this year, so make sure you take care of yourself and your mental state. The Dragon's devil-may-care attitude probably makes you quiver; you can also expect others to act slightly crazy and unpredictable. Make time for quiet introspection and ensure your home is a place of refuge. If you have the energy, take up a high-intensity activity such as Bikram yoga or marathon-running. Channel nervous energy into healthy outlets, and keep an eye on your nutrition. After all, the Dragon tends to overdo it and indulge.

Wealth
You probably don't need any warnings about your finances -- after all, you certainly have a way with money. If you can remain savvy about your finances, you might even do well this year -- that is, if you're able to avoid the Dragon's influence for big risks and impulsive purchases. It could be tempting to make costly home upgrades or book an expensive vacation. Use your lucky months for any necessary big spending, but don't go crazy with it.