Saturday, November 12, 2011

Moving on, one step forward



I was crossing my fingers as I felt nostalgia upon entering the gates of my old alma mater. It was familiar still despite of the changes that took place in just a couple of years. The process was not as easy as I expected. But accomplishing all the requirements as I went back from work to school vice versa taught me one thing - in order to remain grounded, I have to experience difficulties; my struggles today reminded me that I am a normal being, that I do have to cross those mountains in order for me to feel the ground with every climb I make.


Today could be the start of another journey, the main reason why I left my former job, to pursue postgraduate studies. And the song embedded above deeply portrays the euphoric sensation I am in right now for finally having enrolled in three subjects under Master's of Engineering in Civil Engineering, specializing in Structural and Geotechnical Engineering. I know it will be a tough challenge.


So here's the lyrics which gave more meaning to my unexpected but well-thought out decision, with which I was able to finally cross over from my dreamland to reality: 


He will paint the light and shades
The colours and the trees
He will climb the steepest hill
Believing what he sees
He will lay down on the ground
Beneath the old oak tree
He will sleep forever
If you try to set him free

Sail on the wings of a cloud
Where to, well nobody knows
And cry, cry if you want them to see
Die every day to be free
Be proud to wear the colours that you call your own
Be loud, speak out when you want the world to know
Be strong, hold the flame for everyone to see
Be weak, if you want to love.

He will paint the endless sea.
A mystery to me
He will reach out for the sun,
Not dreaming what he sees
He will fall down on his knees
Angel touching ground
Takes him to the other side
Sweet love is coming down.

The song rather depicts the great risk of learning to explore the world, to discover what is yet to be discovered and search for the most important piece in the puzzle of life. Of course it will take detours, and we have to stumble from time to time, understand that nothing is easy, and learn to accept the circumstances of our decisions.
For my recent cross over, these things has been noted:
  1. Intuition plays an important role in decision making. We have to trust our instinct and believe that it's one of the most mysterious thing in our existence. When I decided to finally let go of my comfort zone in TTSP, I knew then it was the right time. Indeed, the transition was smooth.
  2. God's providence never fails anyone. Just as long as the time is right and we feel that we deserve what we are asking, He will answer in an unexpected and bulk blessings. He guides our intuition all the time, and He will always be the sole reason why I would depend on my instinct in times of dire need.
  3. I know who my real friends are and happy to note that they are actually gems worth keeping. I know the fakes and I know the competitors, the bitter and those with hidden agenda as well, in all sorts of factors. Nevertheless, I credit them for making a worthwhile environment.
  4. Decisions should never be made when we are at the peak of our emotion. EVER. Many times, during one of our team meeting in the office, I was tempted to open up and just say I want to quit but then I held my thoughts to allow chances to myself and to the concerned individuals as well. As it turned out, the right time came few more months later.
  5. and lastly, as always, there is no perfect place, no perfect job, no perfect group of people. It's a matter of choosing which would you allow to tear you into pieces that's most acceptable. There has to be something to give up and let go and accept new things, eventually learn to love them as they are. and of course, we have to do what we long to do and stay afloat in the sail of life.
I am way far from the real thing. I have yet to discover a lot of things for my half-filled cup. I have asked myself before, would these things matter in the many years to come? of course, that's why I am virtually pouring out all these, that in time, I will have to laugh reading these posts. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment